Thursday, March 24, 2011

Book Review - ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER By Seth Grahame-Smith


Following the success of his bestselling book, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", Seth Grahame-Smith wrote a new story titled "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". Now I have to admit that while the "Zombie" book was getting a lot of media hype I was thinking about reading it, but never did. So recently, while I was making my weekly trip to the library, I saw this "Vampire" book & I instantly knew I had to check it out!! I mean, it's got Abraham Lincoln AND Vampires, ha! I really love watching the History Channel & Lincoln has always been a favorite subject. This book got me very curious.



The basic concept of this book is that in Lincoln's lifetime Vampires existed & he knew about them. He got his first proof of their existence when they killed his Mother. He later vowed to avenge her death. He started by reading everything he could get his hands on to learn more about them. He also trained himself to throw an axe & perfectly hit a target. This became his main weapon of choice. By the time he was in his teens he had killed his very first creature ( It's important to note that he learned to call them "creatures" because they are "undead" & not human ). The story goes through his entire life & the way it's written is very much like a real "history book". Actual facts of Lincoln's life are intertwined with Vampyre Lore. But the cool thing is that you never feel it's a gimmick but it makes the book that much more believable. Overall, the storyline is very well written & quite enjoyable. I loved it & was very surprised with a few twists & turns that the book presented. Plus, the ending is very unpredictable & kind of clever.



In closing, I have to say that if you love Vampires or "American President" History, then you'll love this book & I suggest you either purchase it from your favorite Bookstore or go hit your local Library. Also, down below is a "ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER" Wallpaper Background you can use to brighten your desktop.




No comments: